Circumstances and barriers for students vary widely across communities. Our local approach allows us to identify the unique needs in our community and leverage resources to make a difference in the lives of our young people.
Across our community, the identified local needs and risk factors vary for each school, family, and individual student. To address these needs, our school-based site coordinators have implemented the following supports:
Tier 1: School-Wide Services
Widely available services and resources that to foster a positive school climate and address school-level risk factors. They are short-term interventions on an as-needed basis, and are open to all students.
Tier 2: Targeted Programs
Targeted case-managed services that are in a group setting to students with common needs. These services are long-term interventions and typically on going throughout the school year.
Tier 3: Individualized Support
Intensive services directed toward the highest needs students who are case managed by a Site Coordinator. These students receive services on a daily to weekly basis, and are tracked for progress in the areas of attendance, behavior and coursework.
- Basic Needs: Providing basics like food and clothing enables young people to come to school comfortable, nourished and better prepared to learn.
- Behavioral Intervention: Negative behavior undermines learning. We help kids learn to modify behavior and make positive choices.
- College & Career Prep: We assist young people in identifying their vision for the future so they have a clear goal and motivation to overcome difficult circumstances.
- Community Service: By giving back in their neighborhoods, youth feel a sense of belonging, accomplishment, and value.
- Enrichment: Through before and after school activities, we expand young people’s understanding of what the world has to offer.
- Family Engagement: We help children have a supportive home life by helping parents access the services they need.
- Life Skills: Through one-to-one mentoring and group coaching, we instill in students the confidence to succeed, the belief that education creates opportunity, and set the expectation for success.
- Physical & Mental Health: For kids to be the best learners, they need healthy bodies and minds. We connect them to physical, dental, vision, and mental health services regardless of ability to pay.
Our Services in Schools
School-based site coordinators empower students to stay in school through individualized access to needed resources, and ongoing encouragement and guidance to build confidence to reach their potential and achieve their dreams.