Do you want to help create access to resources and opportunities for students who are furthest from educational justice? Are you passionate about addressing immediate and systemic barriers to create and sustain equitable outcomes? Have we got the team for you!
For over 27 years, CISR-T has been striving for equity in educational opportunities. Driven by our core values of equity, opportunity and collaboration, we work directly inside K-12 schools supporting students who have historically been furthest from educational justice.
As an organization rooted in equity, our vision is that one day success will no longer be predictable based on one’s race or socioeconomic status. For more information about CISR-T rentontukwila.ciswa.org
We are currently hiring for a middle and a high school within the Renton School District responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the Communities In Schools student-centered model of integrated student supports, in strong collaboration and partnership with school team. These positions identify and coordinate community resources and partnerships to address the individual and systemic barriers students face through confidential, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive interventions, services and supports. This position works closely with the administration, counseling, and student support teams.
This position is 40 hours a week, working August-June.
- Work closely with school administrators, staff and teachers to coordinate a team in the implementation of the CIS model with a collaborative approach to supporting students who are furthest from educational justice.
- Assess current student needs and emerging trends with the site team to develop an annual CIS School Support Plan with measurable objectives and strategies for delivering, monitoring, and adjusting school-wide and case-managed supports, and evaluating and reporting effectiveness.
- Case-manage students through targeted and sustained services that will be coordinated and provided at the school site for specific students who are identified.
- Monitor individual student progress on one of the ABCS goals: attendance, behavior, coursework and/or social emotional through a systematic data collection process.
- Serve as a community resource to the school and staff by sharing information and supporting school-wide activities such as basic needs, attendance strategies, and family engagement.
- Work to maintain a positive image by understanding and demonstrating the CIS mission, goals and initiatives within the school and community.
- 3 years relevant experience working with marginalized populations.
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to work with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Commitment to social justice, promoting diversity and inclusion for all students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school staff, students, parents, community partners.
- Resourceful – able to identify multiple solutions to presenting issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Excel and Word.
- B.A. in social services, counseling or related field.
- Experience with case management.
- Familiarity with local community agencies and social service systems.
- Ability to speak second language, Spanish preferred.
SALARY: $55,500-$57,000 annual salary
BENEFITS: Medical/dental with 100% employee premium paid by organization, vacation, sick, holidays and retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed upon receiving.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CISR-T is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. At CISR-T, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and utilize their strengths. We know our organization is successful due to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees. CISR-T’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected across our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment; it is the foundation of what we do.