Renton School District
Do you want to help create access to resources and opportunities for students who are furthest from educational justice? Are you passionate about addressing immediate and systemic barriers to create and sustain equitable outcomes? Have we got the team for you!
For over 25 years, CISR-T has been striving for equity in educational opportunities. Driven by our core values of equity, opportunity and collaboration, we work directly inside K-12 schools supporting students who have historically been furthest from educational justice.
As an organization rooted in equity, our vision is that one day success will no longer be predictable based on one’s race or socioeconomic status. For more information about CISR-T rentontukwila.ciswa.org
This school-based position will travel between seven elementary schools to provide wrap-around support to families by coordinating community resources to meet their basic needs. This position works closely with the administration, counseling and student support teams within each school building.
This position is 40 hours a week, working a 185-day school year August-June.
- Assist families in accessing community social services.
- Serve as a community resource to the school building by sharing basic need resources.
- Maintain current information on community agencies, emergency assistance and local resources in order to serve as a resource families in locating community services.
- Maintain relationships with community agencies and organizations.
- 3 years relevant experience working with marginalized populations.
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to work with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Commitment to social justice, promoting diversity and inclusion for all students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school staff, students, parents, community partners.
- Resourceful – able to identify multiple solutions to presenting issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- B.A. in social services, counseling or related field.
- Experience with case management.
- Familiarity with local community agencies and social service systems.
- Ability to speak second language, Spanish preferred.
SALARY: $22-$27/hour starting DOE.
BENEFITS: Medical/dental with 100% employee premium paid by organization, vacation, sick, holidays and retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed upon receiving.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CISR-T is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. At CISR-T, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and utilize their strengths. We know our organization is successful due to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees. CISR-T’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected across our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment; it is the foundation of what we do.